Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Planning for Winter

The weather has turned and rather than spend those days when plein air is not possible working totally from sketches/photos/memory, I am going to rediscover still life (subject matter that I haven't visited very often in the last few years). I have set up a corner with a light, various fabrics for draping, and have started a collection of different objects to paint, including some crocheted doilies that have been in the family for a while.

I seem to gravitate toward kitchen objects at the moment, and I like to raid the refrigerator for fruits and vegetables.

The little 6" x 6" painting below is a Granny Smith that pleased my eye. After I was done painting, I ate it and it was delicious!


Granny Smith    6x6

No comments:

Post a Comment