Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter All!

Hope everyone is having a glorious Easter! Makes my spirits rise just to think about what it really means.

Here's the finished painting of Thumb Butte that I started a couple of days ago. It may not look drastically different from the stage I last posted, but it has been through a lot. At one point I thought I had killed it completely and almost threw it out! Luckily I decided I had nothing to lose, scraped away some areas, and persevered on through that "ugly" stage. I'm fairly happy with the way it turned out. (not outstanding, but a good try).

A lesson to me to not give up too soon and not be afraid of wiping away something I'm not happy with!

The blue shadows are still more intense in the photo than in actuality, but I was unable to digitally change the blues in the photo without changing all other colors as well. Oh, well.......


Thumb Butte, AZ  9x12

No comments:

Post a Comment