Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Something to do on a Rainy Day

A rainy day yesterday, dark and dreary. What to do? How to lift my spirits? A trip to the art store always works, and Dick Blick is having a sale!



Never discount the ability of wandering up and down aisles filled with tools of the trade to energize you and raise those sagging spirits.

Sometimes just seeing all the different supplies can give me ideas.

I am apt to visit the many online stores and find it quite helpful to search their pages for the best deal, but there's nothing like being able to pick up that brush, run your finger across the bristles to see how much spring there is in them, and feel the total balance in your hand.

My visit was fruitful and I came home with some oils, a brush (or two) and a watercolor pad to try out.

Not a bad day after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment