Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Macrame Class Next Weekend

I am forced to take a break from painting because I am teaching at a bead retreat that is coming up this next weekend.

It's hard to switch mental gears!
My head is still up in my studio.

I need to write up the instructions and that means taking about 20 step by step photos, cropping and correcting them, then writing everything up into the correct format. 
I learn more from the photos or diagrams when trying out something new. But it's not that way for everyone, so I need to make sure that written instructions are clear and unambiguous. 

Here's what I am teaching:  

Victorian Lacy Macrame' Bracelet 

Ha! Macrame....it's not just for hanging planters anymore.
Remember the owl wall hanging? No, we will not be doing anything remotely close to that!

The most onerous thing I have to do is make kits. I hate making kits. Why can't everyone just bring their own supplies. Okay, now I'm whining. For some people, gathering up all the things needed is a deterrent to taking a class, so I will make kits as needed (rats!).

If you would like to brush up on your macrame skills visit my Macrame Tutorial Page.
All the major knots are there with "how to" photos. If you have ever knotted before you will get those skills back quickly. It's like riding the proverbial bicycle.


I started a new oil painting from a photo I took on a hike Delaware Water Gap area. But it will have to wait till next week for me to get back to it.  Here's the start:














             Later we'll see how it develops.















When the weather changes for the better I will head out and start to paint en plein air. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I like this one already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will put more pictures up when I finish it. I have put it away for a few days then will come back to it and see what needs to be done. Sometimes I will come back to a painting and say "Hey, it looks better than I thought." Then other times I come back and say, "Aargh, what the heck was I thinking?".

    ReplyDelete