Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

First Painting Finished

Click here to see how I started this painting......

Another pass, sharpening focus, making some design decisions. Pulled some blue from the sky down into the house so the painting is more integrated. Added more color variations in the foreground, but still keeping it loose.



I set it aside for a while to think about it. Decided to raise the horizon line on the right because everything looked like it was sliding off the picture plane, then painted in a few more details. I have to be careful because I have a tendency to want to render everything to death. If left to my own devices I will pick at a painting till it looks like a photo (And why do that? It's easier to use a camera). So my goal is to keep it loose and suggested.


But, did I succeed?






No comments:

Post a Comment