Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Macrame Day

I'll be teaching this macrame bracelet at a bead retreat next month and will have to remake it since the original has "walked off" and is nowhere to be found.

I must gather materials and tools, make the bracelet while photographing each step for the instructions I will hand out, and complete it. The photos must be cropped and adjusted. Then I have to write the instructions, insert the photos, and recheck everything.

Macrame tutorials are (I think) difficult to write since a sentence can be interpreted in so many different ways. That's where photos come in, lots of photos. I learn better from photos and diagrams (most of the time I don't even read the text) and so when I write instructions I hit both the written word and the visual picture.





Here are two more macrame projects that can be done with several basic knots. For a Macrame Tutorial on basic knots you can click  here.





No comments:

Post a Comment