Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend in NJ

This weekend was the Innovative Beads Expo in Edison, NJ, and I was there to peddle my wares. It's how I finance my artistic habit!

I had no idea, when I began to learn to bead, that there was a whole subculture of beading crafts that existed. I came away from my first visit to a bead show a little bit shell shocked and with a bad case of sensory overload. Who would have thought that there were so many different kinds of beads, or that some could be so expensive? But remember, for thousands of years beads were used as currency....currency of the realm, as it were.

I have several paintings half finished (I like to work on more than one at a time) but they will have wait till I can make more beads to replace the ones I sold (to be ready for the next show).

I can say that it is a little hard to keep my mind on polymer clay when I would rather be painting. But, since I don't have unlimited resources ($$) I need to take care of business. Later I will paint!






I'm off to make beads, now.



No comments:

Post a Comment